Meet and assist at Queen Alia Airport, Amman. Drive to Madaba, an archbishopric during the Byzantine era and home to the world's largest collection of ancient mosaics. You'll visit the Madaba Archaeological Park, St. George Church, Madaba Museum and Apostles' Church. On Mt. Nebo, the site from which is it believed that Moses saw the Promised Land, enjoy the spectacular view over the Jordan River Valley, Dead Sea, Jericho and the hills of Judea, as well as the fine collection of Byzantine mosaics restored from the series of churches which have occupied this venerated spot. Drive on to Um ar-Risas for a visit to the Stylite Tower and fine mosaic floor or the St. Stephen Church at Jordan’s newest World Heritage site. Continue driving to your hotel in Petra. In the evening join the candlelight stroll through Petra’s Siq with the “Petra by Night” program for a romantic introduction to the legendary Nabatean Capital city. Overnight Petra.
Full day touring in Petra, including visits to the Treasury, Theater, Colonnaded Street and ad-Deir, Petra's largest carved facade. In the evening, join the fun at the Petra Kitchen as you learn to cook a traditional local meal. Overnight Petra. [B.D]
Morning return to Petra by the "secret road" route. Visit the High Place of Sacrifice, Wadi Farasa and the Royal Tombs. In the afternoon, drive to Wadi Rum for a jeep tour of the moonscape terrain. Dinner and overnight camping in the heart of the desert. [B.D]
After breakfast at campsite, drive to visit the crusader castle of Karak and if you will be in Jordan between April and October, you will visit the Mujib Nature Reserve for two hours hike, you will do the Siq trail, this trail starts at the Visitors' Center of Mujib. Continue driving to Dead Sea, where you can soak off the desert sands and relax at the lowest point on the Earth's surface. After lunch and an afternoon's leisure, transfer to Queen Alia Airport for departure. [B.L]
* Hotel accommodations: two nights in Petra.
* One overnight camping in the Wadi Rum Protected Area, dinner/breakfast at campsite.
* All transfers by air-conditioned deluxe touring coach or car.
* Meals as noted in program: Breakfast [B], Lunch [L] or Dinner [D].
* English-speaking guide throughout touring program.
* All entry/user fees for sightseeing program.
* Jeep tour in Wadi Rum.
* Day use facilities at Dead Sea.
* Petra by Night show.
* Tips for hotel porters, waiters and jeep drivers.
* Meet and assist at Queen Alia airport with Jordanian gratis visa on arrival.
What's Not Included
* Exit tax.
* Tips for guide and coach or car driver.
* Personal extras.
* Other meals and drinks.