Meet and assist at Queen Alia Airport, Amman. Transfer to your Amman hotel for overnight
Head north to visit the dramatic Um Qais (Biblical Gadara), one of Jordan's Greco-Roman Decapolis cities with a stunning view over the Golan Heights and Sea of Galilee. Continue driving to Jerash and tour of the world's best-preserved Roman provincial city. Return to Amman for overnight. [B]
Descend to the Dead Sea, lowest point on the Earth's surface, for a swim in the buoyant mineral-rich waters of the world's oldest spa. Lunch at the Dead Sea hotel, and then drive south along the Dead Sea's eastern shoreline. Arrival to Wadi Finan, site of the ancient world's largest copper mine. After checking into the Wadi Finan Eco Lodge, you'll have the afternoon to explore the extensive ruins of the busy mining site which flourished here from Biblical times through the days of the Byzantine Empire. Overnight Wadi Finan. [B.L.D]
Hike through the Wadi Dhana canyon in the Dhana Nature Reserve, making a vertical ascent of about 1300 meters to the highlands above the Great Rift Valley. In the afternoon arrive to the Dhana Guest House, with time to explore the Dhana village, conservation center and handicraft workshops, or to relax on the Guest House terrace and enjoy the magnificent view. Dinner and overnight at Dhana Guest House. [B.L.D]
Hike along the valley plateau between the Shara'a Mountain peaks and the range which rises from the Rift Valley floor. In this surprisingly verdant terrain, you'll encounter the Bedouin families living in their black tents and watching their herds, fresh water springs and enchanting secret valleys, and unexcavated ruins of Edomite, Nabatean and Roman civilizations. You'll trek about 16-20 km each day, with plenty of time to stop for photos of the spectacular terrain and hidden jewels of the countryside. Our camping staffs will leap-frog you each day, and you'll find a comfortable campsite and freshly brewed Bedouin tea waiting each afternoon. [B.L.D]
Continue Hiking. [B.L.D]
Continue Hiking. [B.L.D]
On the final day's hike, you'll visit "Little Petra" (Petra's northern customs outpost) and the Baidha Neolithic village as you enter Petra by the back door to see ad-Deir, Petra's largest carved facade. Exit the site by the Wadi Turkomanieh gate for transfer to your Petra hotel and a well-earned shower. Well done, traveler! [B.L]
Return to Petra, this time making the traditional entry through the mile-long winding Siq. Tour the main sites of the ancient city center, and in the afternoon climb to the High Place of Sacrifice for a panoramic view of the city center. Exit by the al-Madras route. Overnight Petra. [B]
Transfer to Queen Alia Airport for your departure flight. [B]
* Hotel accommodations: two nights in Amman and two nights in Petra on bed/breakfast basis.
* Two overnights in RSCN lodges at Wadi Finan and Dhana, dinner/breakfast included. (Note: single rooms are not available at the Dhana Guest House, and facilities are not en-suite).
* Three overnights camping during the trekking program, all meals included. All camping equipment: tents, sleeping bags and mattresses are provided, or you may bring your own sleeping bag if you prefer.
* All transfers by air-conditioned deluxe touring coach or car.
* Meals as noted in program: Breakfast [B], Lunch [L] or Dinner [D], including all the usual non-alcoholic beverages during the trekking segment.
* English-speaking guide throughout touring program.
* All entry/user fees for sightseeing program.
* Day use facilities at Dead Sea.
* Tips for hotel porters and waiters.
* Meet and assist at Queen Alia Airport with Jordanian gratis visa on arrival.
What's Not Included
* Exit tax.
* Tips for guide and coach or car driver.
* Personal extras.
* Other meals and drinks.